Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Canned Laughter

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I went to watch a new situation comedy being produced. At first it was funny to watch until they kept repeating the scenes and expected us to laugh over and over again. It was pure torture. No wonder they use canned laughter; they are a lot less traumatic for the audience, unless the audience is composed of cast members, television enthusiasts or students. Students will go through anything for free entertainment. After we'd been there for about 2 hours with no end in sight we left. I never did see the final product; frankly, I didn't give a damn.

So I was having an inner dialogue with my inner self. The Voice within said something witty then I heard what sounded like laughter, not in the way we laugh but more like a sound that felt like laughter.

"What, is that how you laugh?" I asked.
"No, it is how you laugh."
"What do you mean?" I said.
"This is what your laughter sounds like to Us," the Voice said.

I listened to the sound over and over again. Every time I heard it I felt really good. It actually reminded me of canned laughter, my own inner canned laughter.

I started thinking of the many ways I could use my inner canned laughter. I could have my own inner laughter therapy!

I could even tailor my inner laughter therapy for audience to listen to while watching comedies being produced. They will still laugh at scenes they've watched a thousand times before.

I am now switching on my inner canned laughter.

Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha!

Enocia

Related article: Life is One Continuous Beam





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?