Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Friends of Love-Light

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119: 18)
Right now the dominant paradigm on earth is "cause and effect," meaning your actions "good" or "bad" come back to you. I believe in the paradigm of Grace that transcends cause and effect. This means it doesn't matter what your past actions were you can count on Grace to cancel your debts and start with a clean slate.

Alas, people who believe in Grace seem very much in the minority. Sometimes it feels as if you're not being supported and everyone is against you. That is so not the case. When you go beyond the realm of the senses and see with your spiritual eye, you come to realise how truly supported you are.

There is a wonderful story in the Bible that illustrates how we are all being supported in Spirit. The prophet Elisha and his servant are about to be captured by a Syrian army:

"15": And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

"16": And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

"17": And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. (2 Kings 6: 15-17)
As Elisha has an army of light on his side, he knows there is no cause for him to be frightened of the Syrians. His servant doesn't share his view. Elisha has to pray for his servant's spiritual eyes to be open so he can also see the truth of Reality. Elisha asks his army of light to strike the Syrian army with blindness then he leads them right into enemy camp. When the soldiers' sight have been restored they realise they've been captured by their enemies, the Samarians. When the King of Samaria asks if he should have them killed Elisha refuses. Instead, he orders the soldiers to be fed and sent on their way. Elisha is demonstrating Grace in action.

I believe I have innumerable support in the realm of Light all around me. In fact, I live in Light now and always.

Yesterday when I was working on a piece in the library. After I had run out of Internet time I put my name down for more time. When I asked the librarian to extend my time she said it had already been extended, yet neither her nor her colleague had done it.

I woke up in the middle of last night with more ideas streaming through. I pondered on them for a while then I felt like going back to sleep but I was wide awake. I asked my "friends of light" to put me to sleep and wake me up just before 7.30 am. I was soon fast asleep and didn't wake up till 7.20 am.

I have zillions of "friends of Love-Light" who are always supporting me in truth and grace.

Enocia

Related articles: Trusting in Your Path; Receiving; Grace in Action; Grace - Revisited; Trust in the Many Hands to Make Light Work; Law and Love; My Alarm Clock





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?