Saturday, September 16, 2006

As I Love Others, I am Loving Myself

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22: 39)

What does the above passage, attributed to Jesus, mean?

Does it mean you should treat others how you treat yourself? If you're someone who is kind to yourself you'll be kind to others. However, if you're self-critical, you're bound to see others in the same way.

Let's digress for a moment.

I believe only the One/Love exists. Therefore, everyone is Love, though we all experience Love from our own perspectives. Put another way, there is only me. Thus, whatever I do to another I am doing to myself as there is only me.

Bearing the One in mind, let's examine the biblical passage again. I believe it means as you love others you are loving yourself.

What if you don't know how to love?

No problem. I don't need to know how to love I simply need to believe there is love. Then I offer myself as an instrument of Love to express through. Then every moment is love in action.

What do I mean by "instrument of Love?"

An instrument of Love is rather like working for a company. The moment you sign your employment contract you're always representing that company. As a representative, you're helping to bring the company into awareness. In the same way as an instrument of Love, I am bringing Divine Love into conscious awareness.

How does one become an instrument of Love?

By choosing to be one. Offer yourself up as an instrument for Love to express through. It doesn't mean you cease to have desires as is the popular belief within spiritual circles; it simply means your desires become Love's desires. I haven't stopped being a writer, now I write about Love.

Offering yourself as an instrument doesn't mean becoming a saint either. Love meets you exactly where you are. Simply offer yourself as an instrument and then let Love guide you in a way that's right for you.

I experience love in so many different ways that I frankly don't have the time or inclination to record all of them. All I know is that as an instrument of Love I am constantly loving others, and as I love others I am loving myself.

Enocia


Related articles: Loving the News; The Love Sensor; That Loving Power; Love Heals, Love Restores; Instruments of Love






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?