Thursday, September 14, 2006

Being the Source

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1: 1-4
One of my favourite pastimes is browsing at the bookshop. I love flicking through glossy magazines - mainstream and black; magazines about sci-fi programmes on television. I love browsing Mind, Body and Spirit books so I can keep up to date with who's who; and humorous books for obvious reasons. You won't catch me reading books or magazines about DIY, gardening, decorating or cooking. I used to read lots of fiction but I haven't in years. I used to love reading poetry at the Poetry Library but it's closed for refurbishment.

On the other hand, what has personal interest got to do with Love?

Yesterday evening I went to a park intending to go on a long walk. As soon as I started walking I no longer felt like walking. I went to my favourite bookshop instead where I knew I was going to have an experience but wasn't sure what. Maybe I was going to meet someone. I found a spare seat near the Mind Body Spirit section. I flicked through a magazine and browsed a book.

After a while I started people watching. I observed how customers were drawn to particular books. One woman caught my attention. One minute she looked flesh and blood the next she was light. Then the whole bookshop was transparent. I saw everything in the bookshop, the books, customers, furniture, everything, including myself, as rays of light coming from the one source that looked like the sun. Next, I was seeing from the perspective of the Source/Sun. I saw myself radiating infinite rays of love everywhere. In fact we were all the Source.

Then my vision went back to "normal" and I looked at the books on the shelf. How silly to think I only have a particular interest when I am in all books, all subjects, all interests.

This morning on the bus I practised seeing myself as the Source. As the bus drove by I could see myself in all, even areas of London I don't particularly find appealing. I was beaming out love indiscriminately. At one point the bus was stuck in traffic. I felt my rays in all cars, everywhere. As the bus finally moved on I could see there had been an accident. A paramedic was looking after the injured pedestrian lying on the road, while a police officer was directing the flow of traffic. How can there be so much hurt and pain when there is all this Love?

I am the Source of Love; we are all the Source of Love. Love is constantly pouring Her love. It is up to each of us to realise who we are as Love.

I am omnipresent Love.

Enocia

Related articles: Love is My Foundation; The Real Source of Energy; You are the Light of the World





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?