Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Heart of Gold

On my way to the bus stop this morning, I thought about how we all have the one heart and soul. This soul is Love.

While I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for my next bus, I noticed a bendy-bus on the other side of the road was about to drive off when a lorry came by on the next lane at full speed. The lorry had to brake just in time. There was a loud bang at the back of the lorry.

"Bloody hell!" I said out loud.
"What's the rush?" a lady sitting beside me said. "All he had to do was wait for the bus."
"Yeah, only a few seconds. It's in his own best interest to have consideration for the bus driver," I said.
"My son is like that," the lady continued, "he's always in a hurry. I don't like getting in his car because he drives like a maniac."
"Really?"
"Yeah. He gets all worked up if someone drives really slow in front of him. He cuts in front of them and he's out of the car wanting to have a fight."
"You're kidding?"
"Nah! He's even got a bat in his car just in case."
"That's too much," I said laughing.
"You know Phil Mitchell in Eastenders?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Well, my son is the spitting image of Phil. He's even got his head shaved and lots of tattoo on his arms."

My friend was referring to the name of a villain called Phil Mitchell in the British TV soap. I haven't watched it in a long while so I'm not sure if Phil is still a villain, but he used to be.

I had a thought that her son was only using his character as a front; he was a real sweetheart.

"I know he comes across as hard but deep inside he has a heart of gold," my friend said.
"That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing," I said.

Just then I saw my bus arriving.

"Tell your son hello from me, and tell him to take care," I said.
"Will do," she squeezed my hand. "Bye, love."
"Nice talking to you."

I knew it! My friend's son is only playing the part of a villain. We both know we all share the one heart of Gold.

We are Gold.

Enocia

Related articles: Love Dissolves Grudges; Being the Life and Soul of the Party; What's the Rush?; What's Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?