Friday, September 15, 2006

Party Pooper

Here's one definition of a "party pooper:"

Slang. a person who hasn't the interest or vitality to participate actively in a social party and whose mood, attitude, or personality lessens others' enjoyment; killjoy. Dictionary.com
I love creating anagrams. I used to have so much fun trying to figure out how many words one could make out of particular letters until a party pooper friend brought the following Internet Anagram website to my attention, one of many websites that creates anagrams instantly. Terrific!

The other day my mother and I were trying to work out the Roman Numerals for 2,888 which is "MMDCCCLXXXVIII." The next day I came across a Roman Numeral and Date Conversion website which does it in moments. Thanks a lot, party pooper!

In fact, the Internet is nothing but a party pooper. There you are trying to remember some important fact. You let go and hope whatever it is will pop up sooner or later. Then you have a brilliant idea: Google it (or whatever search engine you prefer) and you receive your answer in an instant.

The biggest party pooper of all is God. God's ways are always effortless. The human way is the hard way. But then again, God doesn't force His way on us, it's up to us to choose whether we do things our way or the high-way.

Actually, I love that anagram website; it gives me so many choices. I love the fact that I have access to all that information on the Internet. Whether the information is correct is another matter. There are also times when I like trying to work things out until I get bored and call on the Party Pooper.

Party Pooper, help!

Enocia

Related articles: The Love Sensor; Rapport and Roman Numerals; I Have a Bone to Pick With You; The Path of Receiving; WWW.dot.God





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?