Friday, October 27, 2006

Activating Love

If we live and have our being in Divine Love, how come there is so much fear?

Imagine you've been invited to your friend's house for dinner. She's prepared a dish you're not familiar with. You try to work out what the different flavours are but you have no idea what they are. You come to the conclusion that you don't like the food. When your friend asks you what you thought of the food, you politely tell her you enjoyed it. A few weeks later, you're back at your friend's place for dinner. Because she thought you liked what she prepared the last time, she's prepared the same dish. Not wanting to upset your friend you have some. This time you really like it. What's changed? Could it be that you started liking the food once your taste buds had got accustomed to the food?

Most of what I like is acquired taste that I've grown to love over time. There have been some things that I have not liked even though I've had them several times. In other words, I've trained my taste buds to appreciate some tastes and not others. For instance, I don't like avocado but when it's prepared as guacamole I don't mind it at all, though I can't say I'm crazy about it.

Back to the question at hand. If we are swimming in Love, how come the world doesn't reflect this? Could it be that we need to train our senses to become aware of Love’s presence?

When you are aware of something you activate that thing; and the thing appears to come to life.

Sometimes on my bus journeys I play the game of colours. I decide, for instance, that I'm going to notice all things purple, and all I notice is purple. And the more purple I notice, the more purple experiences I attract. By becoming aware of purple. I am activating purple; I am bringing purple to life. When I get bored playing this game I stop noticing purple; or rather, all colours merge into one.

So if we want to experience Love we need to become aware of Love which activates Love. Activating Love is becoming aware of the Power of Love in all ideas, all forms visible and invisible, all space, and all time.

There is a passage in the Bible when Jesus is hungry. He approaches a fig tree hoping he'll find some figs on it, but he finds nothing but leaves. Jesus tells the tree:

"No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it." (Mark 11: 14)
The bible says "in the morning", presumably the next day, when Jesus and his disciples pass by the fig tree, they notice it has withered to the roots. Jesus' disciple, Peter, asks him about it.

"And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." (Mark 11: 22-23)
Jesus seems to be teaching his disciples not only about faith in God but becoming aware of the Power of God in all things. When you know the Power that created the Universe is in a tree, you can tell it to wither and it will.

Imagine living in a Universe where you're aware of the Power of Love working in all. You can speak to anything and it will obey you.

As I was crossing the road I saw my bus approaching the stop. By the time I crossed over the road, the bus doors were closed and the driver was about to take off. I thought "I really want that bus." The driver opened the front doors and I was able to get on board.

Activating love is not creating Love as Love is always present. Activating Love is simply becoming aware of the Presence of Love in all things.

Love is all in all.

Enocia

Related articles: God in Every Moment; To Love is to Trust; Being the Source; Awareness; Love is Meeting All Needs Perfectly





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?