Monday, October 02, 2006

The Death Programme

The other day the Spirit moved me to attend a Quakers Meeting. (See Meeting with Friends). I said hello to a lady I'd met before.

"Remind me of your name again?"
"It's Enocia."
"What an unusual name! Where's it from?"
"Enoch."
"I know there was an Enoch in the Bible but what did he do?"
"Enoch walked with God and was translated and never died."
"You don't believe in that, do you?" she said.
"I do actually."

That was the end of our conversation.

At the same gathering I spoke to another gentleman who believes you die and go into oblivion.

Another gentleman talked about the inevitability of aging. "Wait and see when you get to my age," he said.

It's like everywhere you look there's the Death Programme coming at you. You're encouraged to work till you're 65 (or 60) then you have to make way for the "younger" generation. You're expected to have made plans for your retirement or you'll be bored to death. Most of what you've got saved up will probably go towards your medical bills because sickness goes hand in hand with aging followed by death. You'd better save towards the actual event or it will be your funeral.

The death programme is very clever because it makes people not only accept death but "inspires" them to plan for the life after - heaven. "You're going to die anyway so you'd better be good now. Obey the laws as set out in the various scriptures, be "born again" and you'll find salvation when you die." This goes against what Jesus teaches and I know to be true:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." (John 8: 51)
What about God-realised masters that have died? Surely, if they can die what chance have mere mortals? Ha, these masters were able to consciously leave their bodies, demonstrating that the body is nothing but a shell, so there. Hmmm! Pass!

The problem is there is so little evidence of people who have translated (or ascended) to make any impact on the Death Programme. While people find these experiences interesting it's death business as usual. You live and you die. That's life!

Someone obviously benefits from the belief in dying. I can think of a few such as: insurance companies, doctors, lawyers, religious leaders, the Inland Revenue, and funeral directors.

I personally don't get into a debate about immortality with people who are not open to it; it's a complete waste of time (no pun intended). All I can do is be true to myself.

I am Life.

Enocia

Related articles: We are All Children of Light; Love Operating System (LOS); There is Only One Life; Being the Life and Soul of the Party; It's My Birthday!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?