Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Disgust

I had a dream last night that I saw someone drinking my favourite soft drink, Vimto. The odd thing was though I knew it was Vimto I saw it spelt as Vomit.

When I woke up this morning I realised that Vimto is the anagram of Vomit. Hmmm! I shared my realisation with my mother but she didn't think much of it. She said it made her want to throw up. Hahaha.

I got thinking about disgust. Vomit is only a word and there's no need for it to evoke disgust. Even disgust is a programme. Babies are not naturally disgusted, it's something they are conditioned into.

If disgust was natural then doctors, nurses, butchers wouldn't be doing their jobs, would they? As a woman with periods, I'm used to seeing blood. It's just blood and there is nothing disgusting about blood.

There is nothing disgusting about my excrement either. Sometimes I'm amazed at the different shapes that come out. My poo poo is what it is and nothing to get upset about. When I'm not cringing over it I am experiencing the only true feeling there is: Love.

Later I said to my mother "Did you know the word 'this' is an anagram of 'shit'?"
"Can't you think of anything wholesome than that?" she said.
"Shit is only a word, mum."

Next time you think you feel disgust ask yourself, are you feeling how you've been conditioned to feel?

The way I see it, there is only one true feeling and it is love.

Enocia

Related articles: Party Pooper; Love Operating System (LOS); Don't Pooh Pooh My Poo





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?