Tuesday, October 03, 2006

If Only

I went to our local shop to buy my weekly bus pass. The shopkeeper said he'd run out but he would have some tomorrow.

"I wonder if I could ask the bus driver if he could let me off just for today." I said. "I'm sure he'll understand when I explain that the shop, where I usually buy my bus pass, has run out but the shopkeeper promises to have some by tomorrow. 'Bus driver, why not let me travel for free for the whole day and I promise you I'll have a new pass by tomorrow morning. Can't say fairer than that.'"

The shopkeeper saw my point and burst out laughing.

If only life was like that.
If only we could all travel on buses for free.
If only.

Sigh!

At the local bus station, I bought my bus pass.

Enocia





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?