Thursday, October 05, 2006

Person or Spirit?

Pain is of the ego. The real self never goes through any pain.

The dominant paradigm (model) in this reality we collectively define as earth is that one evolves through learning from experience. You come into a family, society and culture, you go through trials and tribulations. You look back on your experiences and try to glean whatever meaning you can from them. You conclude that you wouldn't be this kind of person if you hadn't had that experience.

Because most people accept this paradigm as truth, life seems to follow that pattern. And your life is filled with pain and more dramas. And yet somewhere deep inside of you is a knowing that life doesn't have to be this way. There is a knowing that life is meant to be joyful. The moment you take a step towards that knowing the paradigm of pain pulls you away. The paradigm of pain/ego tells you life is about trials and tribulations. Go to any bookshop and you'll find biographies and autobiographies galore about persons learning from experience through trials and tribulations.

Like many people I was conditioned into the same paradigm of learning from experience. It got to a point when I also had the knowing that life was meant to be joyful. So I listened to the Voice within me. Yet the ego was pulling me in the opposite direction. There followed the long battle of letting go of and weaning myself from old beliefs.

The Voice is that of my real self who doesn't go through trials and tribulations. The real self is always in joy, love and peace. There is no need for me to try to let go of ideas or beliefs, just be the real self now. My real self continues to remind me to be the Love that I am now.

Here's one example of being the Love that I am now.

Years ago I had persistent pain in one knee that would give way whenever I put pressure on it. First of all, I saw my GP (General Practitioner/doctor) who referred me to an orthopaedic consultant. The consultant did an X-ray but found nothing wrong. He even sent me to have a second opinion with another consultant and he could find nothing wrong either and there was nothing they could do to help. As the pain persisted I sought help elsewhere. Over the next two years I saw a physiotherapist, osteopath, chiropractor, homeopath, and chiropodist. I tried acupuncture, Reiki healing (I became a Reiki healer), energy healing, NLP (I trained as a practitioner), Pranic Healing (I became a practitioner), shamanic healing (I trained with a shaman) all to no avail. I also tried healing with truth principles. I wanted to understand whether my beliefs and thoughts were keeping me in pain. That didn't work either. I called upon healing angels and masters and still nothing. In desperation, I asked God, my real self, for help. I was instantly shown a vision of myself running, which I couldn't accept at the time. One day I ran for a bus and my knee was perfect. It has been perfect ever since.

Of course the paradigm of learning lessons would argue that I was going through a process of awakening; the pain was my guide to my real self. Whatever!

All I know is that the real self's way is that of joyful living. SHE doesn't care what my beliefs or past experiences are. I can be the Love that I am now.

Life is a choice. You can either choose to walk the path of learning from experiences or be the Love that you are now.

In other words, are you a person or Spirit? You decide.

Enocia

Related articles: Tuning into the Love Station; The Path of Receiving; Weaning; Love Has No Cause; Stop Trying So Hard!; Modelling Part 2 - Self Mastery; Resist Not Evil





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?