Monday, October 16, 2006

Prayer

God/Love is all there is.

Realising God's allness is not sufficient, otherwise we would all be living in bliss right now and everything will be perfect.

I believe prayer keeps one connected to the truth of God's allness.

I use three kinds of prayers:

Petition prayer.
Prayer of thanksgiving.
Focus on the Love-Light of God.
Be the Love-Light that I am

- Petition/begging prayer.

That depends on what the need is at the time. For instance yesterday I replaced a light bulb in the living room. It's one of those awkward light shades that you have to feel your way around. Instead of fiddling I prayed. The bulb fitted into place effortlessly. There was also another bulb that I tried to replace a while back but it just wouldn't go in. I decided to pray about that too and it went in no problem.

Another begging prayer is I ask God to show me through His Vision.

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119: 18)
This is very useful when I can't see the answer to my prayers.

At times my petition prayer is simply "Help!"

- Prayer of thanksgiving.

This is when I acknowledge that God is all there is, God as the only Power, and affirm that all is well.

- Focus on the Love-Light of God.

This is when I simply focus on the Light within that we all are.

- Be the Love-Light that I am.

This is when I am simply in inner silence and being the Love that I am.

Answers come as visions, ideas, or manifested in form.

Enocia

Related articles: To Love is to Trust; The Meaning of Praying Without Ceasing





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?