Saturday, October 14, 2006

To Love is to Trust

Most people love by showing their concern for their loved ones.

You don't see or hear from someone for ages and you phone to find out how they are because you are worried about them. I know people mean well by showing concern but...

What if you're sensitive and picking up on your loved one's way of loving you by showing concern? You're bound to be running scared. I wonder if there is so much fear because of the way people are loving one another?

What if we loved one another by trusting in the Infinite Intelligence whose intention for all is very good. Some people call this Intelligence Love. What if we stopped worrying and knew that no matter where your loved one is, he or she is always being cared for by Love?

What if by trying to change the world, we trust that Love is working perfectly in HER own way?

As the bus I was in was approaching the last stop, I saw my next bus was just leaving. Damn, I wish I could have caught that bus. Now I'm going to have to wait for another one. Oh well. When I arrived at the bus station I noticed the bus I wanted had stopped and the bus driver was fiddling at the back of the bus, which gave me time to get on. The driver got on board and tried the ignition, but the engine was dead. I thought to myself: "The Power that gives rise to the planets, the stars, the sun, the galaxies, and all forms is the same Power moving this bus."

The driver got out and fiddled at the back of the bus. He tried the ignition and the bus came to life. For the rest of the 40 minutes or so journey home, the engine was purring like a contented cat.

I am reminded of a passage in the Scriptures:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3: 5-6)
When I arrived home my mother wasn't at home. She never said she was going out and it's getting late. I wonder where she is? Oh well, she's perfectly fine because Love is all there is.

Why fret when you can trust in Love?

Enocia

Related article: The Answer is Always One; Trust





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?