Friday, November 03, 2006

When Two or Three are Gathered

In a previous article called That's Life!, I talked about meeting an Internet friend for the first time. While we were chatting in the cafe, I suggested we look for some comfy chairs. Though we got some seats that were ideal, we didn't have the comfy chairs I had in mind. Only one popped up.

This is what my friend had to say after reading the article:
"One thing about the comfy chairs you mention in your blog - I didn't say this at the time but although you wanted them I didn't - because being in them would have created a 3 or 4 foot space between us. I was more interested in a comfy sofa. So maybe there was a conflict of interest there but you did get a chair in the end."
This raises a very important point about group prayer. Have you ever wondered why so many people are getting together and praying for world peace and yet this is not being made manifest? Could it be because they are not in agreement?

In the Bible Jesus teaches:

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18: 19-20
Whenever one is involved in a group prayer, it is imperative that every member of that group is in agreement about what they want to have manifested. This is because Mind is one and undivided. The moment there is a conflict of interest, either nothing is going to happen or there are going to be many things happening according to each individual's intent. In my case, I got my comfy chair but we didn't get the comfy sofa my friend had in mind because that wasn't my intention.

When two or three are gathered together it must be with a unified intent.

Enocia

Related articles: That's Life!; Prayer; Mixed Intentions; There is Only One Power





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?